Breaking News

Teens are eating laundry detergent pods in hazardous internet challenge

A dangerous new internet challenge has teens filming themselves while they eat Tide laundry detergent pods. Social media videos show teens gagging and spitting out detergent as they bite into the pods. Other videos show the colorful orange and blue pods cooking in a frying pan and being served up as cereal or a pizza topping.
What are the risks?
Eating a laundry pod is a hazardous stunt that can cause diarrhea, vomiting, a trip to the emergency room, or a poison-induced coma, health experts said in published reports.
Dr. Alfred Aleguas Jr., managing director of the Florida Poison Information Center in Tampa, told USA Today that swallowing even a small amount of the detergent can create a life-threatening situation. For example, the detergent can burn the esophagus, or it can enter the lungs and cause breathing difficulties.
Accidental ingestion of laundry pods has already caused problems for small children and adults with dementia.
According to the American Association of Poison Control

Continue Reading....

Check Also

DOJ has very bad news for Democrat Senator over corruption charges – here’s what they said

Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Digg Del StumbleUpon E-mail Reddit Buffer Love ThisDemocratic Senator Bob …

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend